To know your tenses go to this website.
MIXED VERB TENSES ACTIVITY 1
For each sentence, choose the correct tense of the verb.
1. John ________ in San Diego for the past 3 years (and he still lives there).
a) lived b) was lived c) has lived
2. My brother ________ in San Diego up until last year.
a) was lived b) was living c) has lived
3. I worked as a graphic designer before I ________ to England.
a) came b) have come c) did come
4. ________ reading the paper yet?
a) Were you finished b) Have you finished c) Are you finishing
5. I ________ in love three times in my life.
a) was being b) was c) have been
6. I ________ in love with Mary, but she left me for another man.
a) have been b) was being c) was
7. Frank ________ tennis for three years when he was at school.
a) played b) has played c) was play
8. _________ me last night?
a) Have you called b) Did you call c) Were you called
9. I was at the club yesterday, but I _________ you.
a) haven't seen b) did not saw c) did not see
10. I ________ this upset in many years!
a) haven't been b) was not c) was not being
MIXED VERB TENSES ACTIVITY 2
For each sentence, choose the correct form of the verb.
1. I never ________ you that I loved her. I only said that I liked her. (to tell)
a) told b) have told c) was telling
2. I ________ to Greece until Sally and I went there last summer. (to be)
a) have never been b) had never been c) was never being
3. By the time I'm 50, I ________ a million dollars. (to make)
a) will make b) would make c) will have made
4. I want ________ the exercises for advanced students. (to try)
a) try b) to try c) to have tried
5. Hey, you ________ at the computer all day. You should really take a break. (to sit)
a) have been sitting b) were sitting c) did sit
6. He claimed that he had never seen that man, but I know that ________. (to see)
a) he did b) he had c) he was
7. What ________ to her about last night? (to speak)
a) have you spoken b) you spoke c) did you speak
8. What have you been doing all day? _________ TV? (to watch)
a) watch b) watching c) have watched
9. She ________ lunch when someone rang the doorbell. (to prepare)
a) was preparing b) prepared c) has been preparing
10. She never ________ when someone leaves her a message. (to call back)
a) has called back b) calls back c) will call back
If you like to try some more you can visit:
Have fun with some Tenses: