Newspaper and television headlines offer continual reminders of how relevant and of how much interest the business world is to us all. The Credit Crunch, growing concerns for the economy, supermarket dominance of the grocery market, the environment, the impact of new technologies on business and working lives. All these issues are studied within the business studies curriculum.
“In Business studies we seek to develop the students in terms of skills and academic qualifications. We work on teambuilding and personal presentation skills looking to give the student a “real world” understanding of the nature of commerce/economics/management.
In Business Studies all students in sixth form manage a virtual portfolio investment where they invest 5000 GBP online through:
The world of economics touches every person’s life on a daily basis. Every human activity has an economic aspect to it. To understand the economics that underlies our daily lives is to understand better the world we inhabit. Economics helps inform our everyday actions so that we are more capable of making rational, intelligent choices. Where else in education will you learn about taxes, saving, investing and borrowing, including mortgages?
Economics is more than a body of knowledge and understanding. Economics trains you to think through problems in a rational and logical manner. In doing this it provides you with skills that can be employed to better understand all manner of problems.
Enterprise Week 13th – 17th February 2012
- All Students from Nursery to Year 13 to take part in an Enterprise themed week
- On Thursday evening the Grand Finale is a Fashion Show
- Young Enterprise are organising and hosting this fund raising Extravaganza
- Watch this space for more information and details!
- In Business Studies, students will have the opportunity to work in a Young Enterprise modelled business.
- This is where students set up a company and run it themselves
- The first project undertaken was to host the Movie Premiere of Tron the legacy (3D)
- With it’s ‘Green carpet theme’. The evening was an incredible success, and 50000 NPR’s was raised for charity.