Our mission is to provide meaningful service learning experiences for our students through collaboration with sustainable community partners to make a positive impact on the local and global community as a result of a mature awareness of local and global issues and personal responsibility.
We collaborate with our community partners in the following areas and ways:
- Working with children’s education projects
- Rebuild 3 schools in Dhading and one more school is in process of rebuilding.
- Delivered smaller scale building projects to support schools such as a basketball court and school wall in Shree Tika, toilet in Shramik school, pure drinking water installation through SPLASH in Shree Tika, Shramik, Kanti Burns and Suryodaya School.
- Provided community partner weekend training days where we have delivered training on development planning, crisis management/disaster planning, safeguarding children and first aid alongside the more usual learning and teaching techniques.
- Being involved in ongoing projects involving TBS students working with community partners on projects ranging from school lunches, to classroom decoration to teacher training.
- Offering consultancy sessions where TBS staff go into schools to see how they might implement developments.
- Acted as a point of liaison for other schools from around the world who also wish to visit Nepal and engage with similar projects.
- Invited community partner children to TBS events on a regular basis.
- Fundraising for school lunches or essential school resources & materials.
- Invited schools, teachers, trainee teachers into school to observe lessons and liaise with us.
- Provide local school with menstrual health training and provide them reusable dignity pads which have been made by girls rescued from trafficking, helping them to be financially dependent.
- Collaborate with Rato Bangala and ECEC to provide the teacher training program.